Simple Steps for Installing Cladding on your Home
However, here are some simple steps to follow to make sure you install your cladding correctly:
- Measure the area carefully where you will be installing the cladding. Consider any windows, doors, or other obstructions affecting the installation, to calculate the material you need. Leave at least an inch of overlap on each panel so there is no visible gap. Make sure to choose the type of cladding you use carefully and that it is suitable for your home and environment.
- Prepare the walls where you want to install the cladding by removing any existing coatings and any imperfections with sandpaper to ensure the surface is even and smooth. You will need to apply a primer, and it is worth considering using a breathable membrane to prevent moisture buildup between the cladding and the wall.
- Next, you need to cut the cladding to the desired size using a power saw or hand saw. Before cutting the panels, measure out and mark out the locations of the panels to ensure they will fit correctly.
- Install the cladding with screws, nails or glue; use appropriate fasteners and adhesive for your type of cladding. When installing your cladding, ensure the panels are even, straight, and securely fixed to the wall.
- You will need to seal all joints, corners, and edges of the cladding to prevent water infiltration. This will stop any water damage to the cladding and prolong its lifetime. You can use caulk or sealant to seal all joints properly.
- Appropriate weatherproofing or protective coatings, such as paint, may be required, depending on the material used. Now would also be the time to add other finishing touches, such as decorative trim or moulding.
- Lastly, it is important to regularly check your cladding for any irregularities, damage or deterioration to ensure it is secured and installed. Clean the cladding regularly to keep it looking good and to prevent any damage from dirt and debris.
With a few simple steps, you can easily install cladding safely and correctly to give your home a stylish new look. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact a professional for help.
Remember, Cladding Supplies Online take the hassle out of making sure you have the correct number of boards and fittings. Call us today for a chat.